This site uses cookies to provide a better experience. Continuing navigation accept the use of cookies by us OK

Ripatriation of Household Goods


Ripatriation of Household Goods

Italians enrolled in the A.I.R.E (Registry of Italians Resident Abroad). who intend to move to Italy can take their belongings with them without having to pay customs taxes if they have resided abroad for at least 12 continuous months.

The applicant must book an appointment by writing an email to and submit:
• List in three copies of personal effects in Italian;
• Valid Italian passport

Upon arrival in Italy, the Italian citizen must submit a specific personal declaration to the registry office of the Municipality in which he wishes to reside (possibly even different from the one of the A.I.R.E. registration) and declare the address at which he intends to take up residence in Italy. The citizen will be canceled by the A.I.R.E. and registered in the APR of the chosen municipality. In the case of transfer of entire families, the request can be presented by any of the members, as long as they are of age. Declarations relating to minors must be made by the person exercising parental authority or guardianship.